The positive contributions of local youth are back in the spotlight with nominations now open for the NOVO Youth Awards.
Created by young people, for young people, the awards promote the positive contributions local youth make to our region.
This year the awards include the following eight categories:
- Empower Youth Young Achiever – The Young Achiever will be someone who has made a significant effort to overcome obstacles and achieve their goals.
- Young Leader – The Young leader award will be given to a person who has proved themselves to be a leader in the community.
- Young Neighbour – The young neighbour is a person who has given their time and effort to improve the lives of others within the community.
- Young Performer – The Young Performer will be a young person who has excelled or shown great potential in the performing arts.
- Young Scholar – The Young Scholar will be given to a young person who has shown outstanding academic achievement at any level.
- Young Sportsperson – The Young Sportsperson award will be given to a young person who has excelled in the sporting community.
- Young Visual Artist – The young visual artist will be someone who has made a positive contribution to the community through their visual arts.
- NOVO Award – The NOVO Award will be given to a group (80% of members must be between the ages of 12-25) who is striving to make a positive difference in the community.
Swan Hill Rural City Council’s Youth Support Co-ordinator Kane Sparks encouraged the whole community to really think about nominating.
“We have so many young people doing incredible things in our municipality,” Mr Sparks said.
“These awards give us a chance to thank them and formally recognise what a fantastic job they’re doing.”
Nomination forms and additional information are available from Youth Inc on Campbell Street, Swan Hill and online at https://youth.swanhill.vic.gov.au/awards/.
Nominations close Monday, 10 February 2020. NOVO Youth Awards are proudly supported by Swan Hill Rural City Council.
The Youth Awards presentation will be held on Wednesday, 8th April 2020 at the Swan Hill Town Hall PACC.