Marine Safety Act 2010
NOTICE OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXCLUSION ZONE
Swan Hill Rural City Council as the declared waterway manager for Lake Boga hereby gives notice under section 208(2) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic) that all persons and vessels not registered to take part in the Victorian Speed Boat Club Gold Cup are prohibited from entering and remaining on the waters of Lake Boga within the exclusion zone.
The exclusion zone will be in effect for one day only on either Saturday 11 or Sunday 12 January 2020, between the hours of 7am and 7pm, depending on weather conditions.
More information on the exclusion zone can be found on Council’s website or by contacting Council’s Regulatory Services Department on 03 5036 2346.
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Swan Hill Rural City Council as the declared waterway manager for Lake Boga, makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of boating activity conducted by the Victorian Speed Boat Club Inc, on the 11 and 12 January 2020, persons and vessels involved in the Victorian Speed Boat Club Gold Cup are exempt from the following requirements:
1. Clause 2(a) – 5 knots within 50 metres of a person in the water;
2. Clause 2(c) – 5 knots within 50 metres of another vessel;
3. Clause 3(a) – within 50 metres of the water’s edge; and
4. Clause 3(b) – within 50 metres of a fixed or floating structure in or on the water (including a wharf, jetty, slipway or boat launching ramp.
Marine Safety Regulations 2012
1. Clause 2(b) section 44 Division 2 Part 3
Holders of a restricted marine licence to travel at speeds greater than 10 knots.
For the purpose of boating activity conducted by the Victorian Speed Boat Club, “Schedule 1- Types of Personal Floatation Devices”, of the Marine Safety Regulations 2012 (MSR) is modified to include a personal floatation device is a PFD Type 1, 2 or 3 if it complies with the 2019-20 APBA (Australian Power Boat Association) Rule Book Revision No. 1.0
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
• Masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from the above Items 1 and 2 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
• Masters of competing vessels are only exempt from the above for the duration of the event.
• Occupants of rescue and Official vessels are always to wear PFDs and must have all the prescribed safety equipment.
• Competitors and occupants of competing vessels must wear PFDs that comply with 2019-20 APBA Rule Book Revision No. 1.0
• The exemptions apply from 7.00am to 7.00pm, on either Saturday 11 or Sunday 12 January 2020, depending on weather conditions, within the exclusion zone waters of Lake Boga.
• The exemptions apply provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
John McLinden CEO
Swan Hill Rural City Council