This page will be updated daily, as new information on Council services, facilities and events becomes available. This information is subject to change, based on government advice.
If you have questions, please call us on 5036 2333, email email@example.com or chat to us online during business hours (click on the question at the bottom right of your screen to start chatting).
You must wear a face mask when you leave home, unless you have a lawful reason for not doing so. Even while wearing a mask, you should keep at least 1.5 metres distance between yourself and others.
These Council services are operational, but some have altered operations to
reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19:
Council office at Splatt Street, Swan Hill
- Open from 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Social distancing measures have been implemented – please be aware of and observe these if you visit.
- Please ensure you wear a face covering when visiting our customer service offices.
- Please do not visit a Council office if you are unwell, with symptoms such as fever (high temperature), cough or difficulty breathing. Please do not visit if you have been overseas in the past 14 days or have been in close contact with a person confirmed to have COVID-19.
- Consider calling us with your enquiries, rather than visiting. There are dedicated phone lines for all Council departments or call customer service 5036 2333.
- Council’s website also has a range of information, and you can report issues online.
- Council offers various online and phone methods for payments – please see your Council rates notice or invoice for details.
Council office at Herbert Street, Robinvale
- Open from 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Swan Hill Region Visitor Information Centre
- Open from 8.15am-3.45pm (closed from 12.30-1pm), Monday to Friday
Park playgrounds, skate parks and communal gym equipment
- now open.
Swan Hill Regional Livestock Exchange
Sheep and cattle sales are continuing for the moment, and this is subject to government advice and any further restrictions. Entry will be restricted to agents, buyers and sale staff, to ensure social distancing and to reduce risk. We will record the details of all those who enter, to allow for traceability.
Swan Hill Out of School Hours Service
This service will be available to those children attending school. Families are encouraged to keep their OOSH bookings. The gap fee will be waived if the child is absent from the program. If the child attends normal fees apply. In addition the Government will provide an additional 30 absence days for children staying home during this period. Contact Bec Carmichael on 0418 558 994 for any questions.
Waste collection – kerbside
Kerbside waste collection is continuing on as normal, but we’re asking a few favours to help it run smoothly.
- Please put your bin out the night before it is due for collection (scheduled collection days are the same as normal)
- Be aware that it might not be collected at normal time, but it will be collected.
- Please put your bin out facing the road and on the correct side of the road – drivers will not get out of their trucks to rotate or move bins
Please note that all landfill and transfer station operations are open as normal.
Community Care services
Operating as normal, including domestic assistance, personal care, respite care and property maintenance.
Extra precautions will be implemented at monthly immunisation sessions in Swan Hill.
- Anyone wanting to attend Council’s immunisation sessions at Swan Hill Town Hall must book first by calling Council’s Public Health Unit on 5036 2591.
- To ensure social distancing is maintained, pre-booked time slots will be allocated.
- Only one parent or guardian should accompany the child who is to be vaccinated.
- Community members attending will be asked to use the hand sanitiser provided on entry and extra precautions will be in place around infection control between appointments.
- Immunisation session times have been extended to allow additional time.
- For more information, including immunisation session dates and times, visit Council’s immunisation page.
- People in Robinvale are advised to contact their local GP or Robinvale District Health Service for information on immunisations.
Maternal Child Health
Maternal Child Health is operating differently.
- Maternal Child Health (MCH) will continue to support all families with children under school age and will be providing a COVID safe environment to see families. Our staff will be required to wear masks and eye shields during appointments and adults attending the centre will need to wear a mask to, during and from appointments.
- Families attending the centre will be required to respond to COVID previsit screening prior to presenting for face-to-face appointments. This may be conducted via text messages or phone calls.
- Face-to-face appointments at the Swan Hill centre will be prioritised for families with infants eight months and under, Aboriginal families and children, and any family or child with additional or complex needs and only where the infant and/or family screen negative to COVID pre-visit screening.
- For older infants and children where a face-to-face appointment is not available/appropriate, or where any family prefers; consultations will be conducted by a secure telehealth video or telephone call (accessible on smart phones or ipads at home).
- Consultations may be arranged at MCH Centres in Nyah West, Robinvale, Lake Boga and Manangatang by appointment only and after confirming with the Maternal Child Health Nurse.
- Maternal Child Health Nurses will be able to make referrals to external agencies.
- All group sessions (New Parents Groups, Play Groups, education sessions) delivered by MCH staff may be offered in alternate formats if COVID-safe guidelines permit.
- MCH staff will still be available to discuss short concerns during office hours by contacting us on 5032 0300.
- Families continue to have 24-hour access to the Maternal Child Health Hotline on 132229.
Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels
Swan Hill Township
To ensure Meals on Wheels continues to vulnerable people during COVID-19, Council is changing the way delivery takes place.
- Meals will be delivered each weekday between 11.45am and 1.30pm. Individual times may vary within that time.
- This change is only temporary during COVID-19 restrictions. If you have any questions please contact Community Care on 5036 4700.
Robinvale and Manangatang
Meals on Wheels in the Robinvale and Manangatang areas is provided by Robinvale District Health Services. Please contact them with any queries.
L2P Learner Driver Program
This program is suspended for the safety of volunteers and young people.
Social Support Services (through Community Care)
Social Support Services, including regular social groups and outings, are not operating. Clients will be contacted via phone.
The following buildings are closed to the public for now:
- Big Green Shed at Swan Hill Landfill
- Community centres at Lake Boga, Manangatang, Nyah and Woorinen South
- Senior citizens centres at Swan Hill, Robinvale, Nyah West and Manangatang
- Lake Boga Flying Boat Museum
- Pioneer Settlement (except the post office, which will continue to operate)
- Robinvale Community Arts Centre
- Robinvale Leisure Centre
- Swan Hill Leisure Centre
- Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery
- Swan Hill Regional Library – click and collect service is available via appointment, including through the mobile library when it visits Robinvale on Thursdays. Please call the Library on 5036 2480 to make an appointment time.
- Swan Hill Stadium
- Swan Hill Town Hall
- Swan Hill YouthInc