Thursday, 30 November 2023
Breaking News

Do I need a permit for a shipping container?

Swan Hill Rural City Council is reminding residents to obtain a Building Permit prior to placing a shipping container on their land.

The Victorian Building Authority said steel shipping containers being placed on properties being used as storage sheds and other uses, are not exempt from obtaining a Building Permit.

Swan Hill Rural City Council Director Development and Planning, Heather Green said a shipping container like all other building works must be compliant.

“Shipping containers, like all other building work, must comply with all the requirements of the Building Act, Building Regulations and National Construction Code that apply to that particular use, including obtaining a Building Permit, prior to being placed on the property.

“Depending on the zoning of the land in the Planning Scheme, a Planning Permit may also be required,” Ms Green added.

If you have any questions, contact Council’s Development Department on 50 362 396

Check Also

Safety at the forefront

Following a health and hazard assessment from an arborist, 19 trees along Monash Drive will begin being removed for safety measures, from week commencing Monday, 30 August.