This plan has been developed based on the outcomes and learning’s from the previous Domestic Animal Management Plan, as well as a review of the existing data in areas such as complaints, dog attacks, registrations and impoundments. Community feedback and consultations with key stakeholders including veterinarians, animal businesses and other service providers have also informed the plan. The predominant issues identified include:
- Increasing compliance with the Act.
- Identification of potential off-leash areas.
- Reduce the number of stray and wandering cats.
- Investigation and introduction of ‘on-leash’ and other local laws relating to dogs and
- cats towards responsible pet ownership.
- Increased education and enforcement in relation to domestic animal management.
How can we improve this page?
Your feedback will help us improve the information on this page.