Swan Hill Rural City Council provides a good network of public toilets at town areas, wayside rest stops, recreation reserves and parks across the municipality.
This strategy looks at the way Council can provide this service to meet current and future needs of the community in a cost effective way.
The aim of this strategy is:
- To outline the level of public toilet services that Council will provide, based on clear criteria.
- To outline how Council will maintain a network of safe, accessible, clean and environmentally sustainable public toilets.
- To provide a framework for consistent decision making on the provision, renovation maintenance and decommissioning of public toilets.
- To ensure the provision of public toilets is cost effective and meets the levels of service expected of residents and visitors to the region.
- To outline a recommended 10-year plan for existing and new public toilets across the municipality.
When it comes to the provision of public toilets, the following requirements have been identified as important by the general public as well as facility managers:
- efficient and effective supply to meet the needs of the public
- meet DDA compliance requirements
- low maintenance
- safe for users
- easy to clean
- vandal resistant
- suitable location
- environmentally friendly and sustainable
The development of this strategy has included an in depth analysis of the current provision of public conveniences in each town, existing Council strategies, customer requests over the preceding two years, current costs and level of service provisions and current industry standards and trends for public conveniences.
The following document contains the findings and recommendations from this analysis to provide stand-alone strategy to ensure a consistent, equitable and clear understanding of future provisions of public convenience in Swan Hill Rural City Council. Detailed findings and analysis are available in a supplementary document Public Convenience Strategy 2020- 2030 Reference Information and Design Guidelines.
How can we improve this page?
Your feedback will help us improve the information on this page.