Swan Hill Region Economic Development Strategy 2017-2022 provides strategic direction for economic growth in the Swan Hill municipality over a five-year period and beyond. It aims to build on the region’s strengths, capture new opportunities and address challenges to make the region a highly desirable place to invest, live, work and visit.
To ensure a vibrant and prosperous economy, the region needs to continually evolve and be responsive to change. A Case for Change has been developed within this strategy, providing three objectives that will enable the region to achieve this:
- Expand on strengths
- Develop new opportunities
- Take up the challenge
A number of significant projects underpin this strategic direction and once implemented, will assist with delivering this strategy’s objectives. These include:
- Commercial developments in the Swan Hill Riverfront precinct
- A new art and cultural precinct
- Renewable energy parks
- South West residential development and commercial development in Swan Hill
- Murray Valley Highway commercial precinct entrances
- Swan Hill Livestock Exchange precinct upgrade
- Regional community sustainability, through the delivery of Community Plan priorities
- Swan Hill Abattoirs expansion
- Bromley Road, Robinvale, upgrade
- Waste to energy
How can we improve this page?
Your feedback will help us improve the information on this page.
Please include your email address if you would like a reply.