The inaugural Swan Hill Region Workforce Development Strategy focuses on four sectors, manufacturing, health/aged care, agriculture and community services.
In April 2013 the Swan Hill Region Workforce Development Strategy Steering Committee committed to developing a Swan Hill Region Workforce Development Strategy. The strategy aims to support local people to:
- Develop skills and qualifications needed by the region’s employers.
- Improve the region’s ability to attract people with skills in demand.
- Increase employment opportunities for local people who are under-represented in the workforce.
The workforce development strategy aims to enable existing businesses to expand, attract new business to the region and grow the population as a whole.
|Industry||Sector may include:|
|Agribusiness||Horticulture/food processing workers/ dryland|
|Manufacturing||Fabrication and first-class welders|
|Health||Aged care and nursing professions|
|Community Services||Early childhood and social/welfare workers|
Workforce Development Strategy Documents
- The Process (pdf 228kb)
- Current state – Overview (pdf 1.2MB)
- Current State – Community Service (pdf 683kb)
- Current State – Manufacturing (pdf 664kb)
- Current State – Health Services Aged Care (pdf 620kb)
- Current State – Agriculture (pdf 695kb)
- The Future State (pdf 215kb)
- Workforce Action Plan 2013 – 2016 (pdf 246kb)