|POLICY TITLE||ALTERNATIVE WATERWISE NATURESTRIP TREATMENTS POLICY|
|DATE ADOPTED||21 JULY 2009|
To provide direction for Alternative Waterwise Naturestrip Treatments in urban and rural settings not including street trees.
Applicable to all Council owned and managed naturestrips and roadsides in the Municipality.
This policy provides guidelines for residents to implement Alternative Waterwise Landscape Treatments on the adjoining nature strips and roadsides in the Municipality, whilst minimising the risk to the public.
Treatment options available to residents include:
- Arid zone or indigenous native plantings
- Drought tolerant exotic plantings
- Drought tolerant summer grasses
- Mulching using compacted gravels (no larger than -10mm
- Mulching using fine grade organic materials
- Approved Artificial Turf Products
Residents planning to establish Alternative Waterwise Naturestrip Treatments will need to contact Council or access the Guidelines on the SHRCC Website.
Conditions of approval:
- All cost of establishment, maintenance and renewal is borne by landowner.
- Council and service authorities reserve the right to access pre-existing assets and future assets. Disturbance resulting from access works will only be reinstated to a neat finish, plants will not be reinstated.
- Residents will be asked by Council to remove water wise works that are inappropriate or not adequately maintained, or Council will remove naturestrip treatment at your own cost.
- Council reserves the right to remove any unsuitable plantings in any nature strip pavement or cut out parking area.
It is recommended the owner/occupier extend their house and contents public liability insurance to include naturestrip landscaping.
- Swan Hill Rural City Council Road Management Plan 2008-10
- Swan Hill Rural City Council Street Tree Policy 2008
- Swan Hill Rural City Council Street Tree Removal Policy 2008
- Swan Hill Rural City Council Roadside Management Plan 2007-2009
- Swan Hill Rural City Council Street, Roadside, Parkland Vegetation Procedure Statement 2007 (SRPSV 2007).
- Road Management Act 2004
- Planning and Environment Act 1987
Signed: Greg Cruickshank (Mayor)
How can we improve this page?
Your feedback will help us improve the information on this page.
Please include your email address if you would like a reply.