|POLICY TITLE||COMMUNITY GRANTS POLICY|
|DATE ADOPTED||MARCH 2007|
|CURRENT AS AT||JULY 2015|
|TO BE REVIEWED||JULY 2019|
This Policy provides guidance for allocation of grants to the community.
This Policy applies to grants made by the Council to community organisations for the purpose of encouraging and supporting community development within our municipality. This includes cultural, heritage, recreational and environmental activities which aim to improve community identity, pride, cohesion and economic development opportunities.
Grants will be considered for any project or program that complements the Council Plan, and enhances the health, wellbeing and/or economic benefit of the community.
Three separate financial assistance schemes are provided:
- Community Development Fund – Funding for organisations to assist with operations generally up to $3,000.
- Community Support Fund – Assistance of generally up to $200 to community based groups for minor/non-recurrent projects.
- Major Events Support Scheme – Funding for organisations to assist in the development and promotion of major events in the municipality as provided annually in the budget.
- Community Empowerment – POL/GOV001
- Council Loan Support – DIR/CORP202
- Management of GST–Community Organisations – DIR/CORP208 Public Policy – Recreation,
- Culture and Leisure Services – POL/COMM800
- Victorian Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006
Signed: Cr Michael Adamson (Mayor)