|POLICY TITLE||MEDIA POLICY|
|DATE ADOPTED||JULY 2001|
|DATE CURRENT AS AT||MAY 2018|
|DATE TO BE REVIEWED||MAY 2021|
To establish protocols for managing communication between Swan Hill Rural City Council (Council) and the media.
This policy applies at all times to all employees and Councillors. During the election caretaker period, employees and Councillors should also refer to the Swan Hill Rural City Council Caretaker Policy and Procedure in conjunction with this policy.
All Councillors and employees will comply with Council’s media procedures to ensure communication between Council and media is managed appropriately.
The Mayor and the Chief Executive Officer are the official spokespersons for Council.
Councillors speaking to the media will clearly indicate whether comments that they are expressing are the official position of Council or represent their own personal views.
Directors can act as authorised spokespersons on issues from their areas of responsibility. Officers may provide comment only if the relevant Director or the Chief Executive Officer
authorises them to do so.
- Website Directive – POL/CORP225
- Communication Strategy
- Social Media Policy – POL/GOV 017
- Swan Hill Rural City Council Caretaker Directive – POL/GOV016
- Councillor Code of Conduct
- Swan Hill Rural City Council Staff Code of Conduct
- Swan Hill Rural City Council Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan
- Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014
- Local Government Act 1989 (VIC)
Signed: Les McPhee (Mayor)
How can we improve this page?
Your feedback will help us improve the information on this page.