|DATE ADOPTED||NOVEMBER 2009|
|DATE REVIEWED||DECEMBER 2018|
|TO BE REVIEWED||DECEMBER 2019|
To provide a framework and a consistent approach to procurement across Swan Hill Rural City Council (Council) and to ensure compliance with the Local Government Act 1989 (the Act) that requires us to publicly tender contractual procurements over certain thresholds, to prepare, approve and comply with procurement policy principles, processes and procedures
with all purchases.
This policy will apply to all persons undertaking procurement on behalf of Council and commences from when Council has identified a need for procurement and continues through to the delivery/completion of that procurement.
Council’s Procurement Procedures and Practices will:
- Comply with all legislative requirements;
- Be aimed at achieving Best Value procurement for Council and the Community;
- Consider the local benefit and effect on the local economy and the municipality;
- Treat all potential suppliers who respond to quotations or tenders in a fair manner;
- Be administratively efficient;
- Be clearly documented and, subject to the need for confidentiality, available for inspection; and
- In assessing Best Value for major purchases, give preference to suppliers and products which will enhance achievement of Council objectives such as sustainable and socially responsible procurement; provide bottom-line cost savings, support the Municipal economy and achieve innovation.
Employees are to exercise appropriate care in the expenditure of Council funds in consideration of budget allocations and this policy.
- Tendering Directive (Corp 217)
- Delegations of Financial Authority Directive (DIR/CORP 206)
- Risk Management Policy POL/CORP216
- Occupational Health and Safety Directive (DIR/STAFF 107)
- Fraud Control Policy (POL/CORP 226)
- Financial Investments Policy (POL/CORP 227)
- Corporate Credit Card Directive (DIR/CORP 203)
- National Competition Policy CPOL/GOV019
- Local Government Act 1989
- National Competition & Competitive Neutrality Policy
- Trade Practices Act 1974
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Signed: Ann Young
Date: January, 1 2019