|POLICY TITLE||SOCIAL MEDIA|
|DATE ADOPTED||FEBRUARY 2013|
|DATE REVIEWED||NOVEMBER 2018|
|TO BE REVIEWED||NOVEMBER 2020|
The purpose of this policy is to improve the effectiveness of Swan Hill Rural City Council’s
(Council) communication and engagement with the community.
This policy applies to all Council employees and Councillors.
Council is committed to actively using social media as a form of community engagement.
Council will establish protocols for managing Council’s social media platforms, including content approval, setting up new platforms, social media monitoring and comment management.
Council will also provide guidelines for employees and Councillors about the personal and professional use of social media platforms.
- Website Directive – DIR/CORP225
- IT Acceptable Use Directive – DIR/CORP218
- Media Policy POL/GOV003
- Disciplinary Policy POL/STAFF104
- Corporate Credit Card Policy POL/CORP203
- Communications Strategy 2015-2018
- Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)
- Defamation Act 2005 (Vic)
- Local Government Act 1989 (Vic)
- Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic)
Signed: Cr Ann Young (Mayor)