|POLICY TITLE||SOCIAL MEDIA|
|DATE ADOPTED||FEBRUARY 2013|
|DATE REVIEWED||FEBRUARY 2022|
|TO BE REVIEWED||FEBRUARY 2025|
|RESPONSIBLE OFFICER||Community Engagement and Communications Coordinator Social|
The purpose of this policy is to improve the effectiveness of Swan Hill Rural City Council’s (Council) communication and engagement with the community.
This policy applies to all Council employees and Councillors.
Council is committed to actively using social media as a form of community engagement.
Council will establish protocols for managing Council’s social media platforms, including content approval, setting up new platforms, social media monitoring and comment management.
Council will also provide guidelines for employees and Councillors about the personal and professional use of social media platforms.
- POL/CORP225 Website Policy
- POL/CORP218 IT Acceptable Use Policy
- POL/GOV003 Media Policy
- POL/STAFF104 Disciplinary Policy
- POL/CORP203 Corporate Credit Card Policy
- CPOL/GOV025 Community Engagement Policy
- Communications & Engagement Strategy 2019-2022
- Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)
- Defamation Act 2005 (Vic)
- Local Government Act 2020 (Vic)
- Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic)
- Wrongs Act 1958
Signed: Jade Benham (Mayor)
How can we improve this page?
Your feedback will help us improve the information on this page.
Please include your email address if you would like a reply.