|POLICY TITLE||SOCIAL MEDIA|
|DATE ADOPTED||FEBRUARY 2013|
|DATE REVIEWED||DECEMBER 2016|
|TO BE REVIEWED||DECEMBER 2018|
The purpose of this policy is to improve the effectiveness of Council’s communication and
engagement with the community.
This policy applies to all Council employees and Councillors.
Council is committed to actively using social media as a form of community engagement.
Council will establish protocols for managing Council’s social media platforms, including content approval, setting up new platforms, social media monitoring and comment management.
Council will also provide guidelines for employees and Councillors about the personal and professional use of social media platforms.
- Website Directive – DIR/CORP225
- IT Acceptable Use Directive – DIR/CORP218
- Media Policy and Procedure – POL/GOV003D and PRO/GOV003D
- Disciplinary Directive – DIR/STAFF104
- Corporate Credit Card Directive – DIR/CORP203
- Communications Strategy 2015 – 2018
Privacy Directive – DIR/CORP211
- Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)
- Defamation Act 2005 (Vic)
- Local Government Act 1989 (Vic)
- Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic)
Signed: Cr Les McPhee (Mayor)