Thursday, 22 February 2024
Breaking News


Who can apply for a concession?

Eligible pensioners can claim concession for rates on their main place of residence. Only one concession per financial year is allowed.

Other criteria

  • Your place of residence must be the same address that’s on your pension card and be a single rateable property
  • Your concession card must be valid at the time of application

What does this concession provide?

  • A concession on your Council rates
  • A concession on the Fire Services Property Levy

What cards are eligible?

Pensioner Concession Card
– issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs
Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card
– War Widow (WW)
Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card
– Totally & Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)

Apply for a concession

Before a concession can be given you must complete and return a Municipal Rates Concession form.

For more information about concessions visit:

Did you find this information useful?

How can we improve this page?

Your feedback will help us improve the information on this page.

Please include your email address if you would like a reply.