The Event Support Fund recognises the benefits of events to our community and municipality, including tourism and the local economy.
Through this program, Council provides assistance to new and existing events that provide significant social and economic benefits to our communities. Offering sponsorship and/or logistical support, community events can apply for up to $500, minor events for up to $2,000 and large events up to $5,000.
Support will be considered for events that meet one of the following:
- New or emerging events
- Existing events which provide significant economic and/or social benefit to the region
- Existing events that have been funded for more than three years will have to show a new or innovative element to their event to continue to receive funding.
Note: Event organisers wishing to host a New Year’s Eve event should apply through this program. New Year’s Eve applicants may request funds greater than $5,000, applications will be assessed and funds awarded to the event/events which best meet the criteria.
Our forthcoming grant programs are now on hold until further notice.
Please contact the Economic Development Unit on 5032 3033 or email email@example.com to ensure you are on the Community & Event Grants mailing list to receive updates.
Please watch this space for further information.
Event support is available in the form of event sponsorship and/or logistical support.
- Community events can apply for up to $500
- Minor events can apply for up to $2,000
- Large events can to apply for up to $5,000
|Applications open||To be advised|
|Applications close||To be advised|
|Successful notifications||To be advised|
In the first instance contact should be made with Council ‘s Economic Development and Events Support Officer to discuss your event requirements prior to filling out the application form. Our team can help you shape your application to give it the best chance of success.
Groups and organisations must be:
- Based within the Swan Hill Rural City Council municipality, or
- Deliver events to residents of the municipality
Funding will only be provided to community groups and profit-based organisations that:
- Are incorporated (If your group is not incorporated, you will need an auspicing body)
- Provide access to Council residents either as members, participants or supporters
- Have acquitted previous funding through Council
- Meet adequate legal and insurance requirements eg. Public Liability insurance
- Organisations are expected to match Council’s contribution in cash, in kind or a combination of both.
- Funding will not be provided for events that have already commenced, or been completed by the organisation, unless Council’s prior written consent has been received.
- Changes cannot be made to your grant project without submitting a variation proposal to Council in writing.
- At the end of the project or event, you must provide an evaluation of your grant.
- All unspent funds will remain with Council.
- As funds are limited, applications may not be funded or funded to the amount requested.
- Projects linked to the Swan Hill Rural City Council Plan or a Community Plan will be prioritised.
- Projects that support local businesses will be looked upon favourably.
- All applicants must complete an Event Evaluation Form within two months of the event being held.
In considering the level of support for an event, the following factors will be taken into account to determine priorities for funding, through a weighted evaluation process:
- Economic impact/number of day and overnight visitors (30 per cent).
- Social benefit to the region (20 per cent).
- Contributing to the region, including alignment with the region’s tourism objectives or ability to positively contribute to the profile of the region and providing opportunities to engage with or showcase our cultural, arts or leisure elements (20 per cent).
- Events offering innovative elements (10 per cent).
- Showcasing and developing skills of individuals and community groups (10 per cent).
- Ability to grow the event (number of participants or economic impact) (10 per cent).
Council provides funding through the reimbursement of event costs or through the provision of logistical support services. Financial assistance will not be provided prior to an event.
Within two months after the event has been held Council must receive the following in order to receive funding:
- An invoice for grant funding must be supplied to Council
- A completed evaluation form – All successful applicants are required to complete an Event Evaluation Form, confirming that funding was spent on the agreed conditions
Please allow a period of approximately 14 working days from day of receipt of invoice/tax invoice for funds to be transferred.