This Local Law applies throughout the Swan Hill Rural City municipality.
The purpose of this Local Law is to provide:
- the peace, order and good governance of the municipal district;
- a safe and healthy environment so that the community can enjoy a quality of life that meets its expectations;
- the safe and equitable use and enjoyment of public and municipal places;
- the protection and enhancement of the amenity and environment of the municipal district;
- the fair and reasonable use and enjoyment of private land;
- the uniform and fair application of this Local Law;
- to prevent damage to Council property and infrastructure;
- manage, regulate and control the keeping of animals and birds; and
- regulate, prohibit and control the consumption of alcohol in designated areas within the municipal district.