Provide the administration of Council powers and duties.
Meeting Procedures – Local Law No 1
The purpose of this Local Law is to:
- Provide for the peace, order and good government of our municipality.
- Provide the administration of Council powers and duties.
- Regulate proceedings for Council meetings, committee meetings and other meetings conducted by or on behalf of Council (where Council has resolved this law applies).
- Regulate proceedings for the election of the Mayor and chairpersons of different committees.
- Promote and encourage community participation in local government through meeting arrangements, to determine the community’s views and expectations.
- Control the use of the Common Seal.
- Ban unauthorised use of the Common Seal or any device that resembles the Common Seal.