Owning pets can be a lot of fun, and pets can provide us with company, stress relief and unconditional love. Pet ownership also teaches children responsibility and helps them develop their social and nurturing skills.
Cats and dogs can live for over 10 years, so it’s important that we understand the responsibilities we have for our pets over their entire life span. Responsible pet ownership involves choosing the right pet for your lifestyle, complying with the law, caring for your pet’s health and ensuring your pet doesn’t cause problems in the community. Being a responsible owner ensures you and your pet can enjoy a long and happy relationship.
- Responsible Dog Ownership Course – Agriculture Victoria
- Responsible Cat Ownership Course – Agriculture Victoria
- Responsible ownership of farm working dogs – Agriculture Victoria
- Health care for dogs – Agriculture Victoria
- Health care for cats – Agriculture Victoria
- Keeping your cats safe and happy at home – RSPCA
How can we improve this page?
Your feedback will help us improve the information on this page.