Busking in the Swan Hill Municipality adds to the vibrant atmosphere of our shopping precincts. Council regulates busking in these areas to ensure pedestrian safety.
Busking permit conditions
In accordance with Swan Hill Rural City Council – Community Local Law No: 2 (2007) – Schedule 3 Footpath Trading Code of Practice, the following conditions are in place:
- No amplified music.
- You must not perform on the walkway zone. (Must be at least two (2) metres from the shop front window).
- Music noise must not be audible twenty (20) metres from the source.
- Busking will only be allowed to take place between the hours of 9:00 am and 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday and 9:00 am to 12 noon on Saturdays.
- This permit will only be valid for the timeframe stated on the Council issued certificate, unless otherwise specified by an Authorised Officer.
- You may only play for a maximum of thirty (30) minutes at any one time and then a minimum ten (10) minute break must be taken.
- You must not interfere with any other authorised busking acts that maybe performing at the same time as you.
- You must not solicit money or interfere with any members of the public.
- You must obey any reasonable direction given to you by a member of the Victorian Police or Authorised Officer of the Swan Hill Rural City Council.
Apply for a Busking Permit
Complete the application below including written approval from the business proprietors situated adjacent to the location you intend to perform.
Alternatively you can pick up an application form from Council offices in Swan Hill or Robinvale.
Phone: (03) 5036 2346