Parking Infringements

Parking Infringements

Objecting to an infringement notice

Under the Infringements Act 2006, you or someone acting on your behalf (with your consent) can apply to have an infringement notice reviewed if:

  • The decision conflicts with the law
  • The decision involved mistaken identity
  • Special circumstances apply to the person
  • There are exceptional circumstances relating to the infringement offence

The decision made by Council is final. If you don’t agree with Council's decision you can choose to have the matter heard in the Magistrates' Court. You must notify Council in writing of your intention to go to court.

Submitting an objection

All objections must be received by Council before the due date shown on the notice. You may only make an objection once per infringement notice, as per Section 22(2)(e) of the Infringements Act 2006.

You will be notified in writing as to the result of your objection.

Submit your objection by either:

  • Writing a letter to Council or

Did you find this information useful?

How can we improve this page?

Your feedback will help us improve the information on this page.