We would love to welcome you and your family to the Swan Hill region, the Heart of the Murray.
In a part of Australia that is renowned for its varied and unique attractions, there is sure to be something for you to enjoy in the Swan Hill region, no matter what your taste or interest. Whether you’re staying a day or two, or visiting for an extended holiday, every experience presents the opportunity for you to create a treasured memory.
- Take the family to the Pioneer Settlement and experience the old world charm of this village on the banks of the Murray.
- Cruise along the Murray River aboard the PS Pyap as it winds its way along this mighty river.
- Shop for fresh local produce, craft items and other treasures at one of the many markets held in the region.
- Walk through the Nyah Vinifera State Forests or along the banks of the Murray River and take in the natural wonder of this beautiful part of the world.
- On a hot summery night, position yourself at one of the many outdoor eateries in town, sit back and enjoy the local food and wine as you watch the world go by.
- Pick up a copy of the Discovery Drive CD and listen to stories of local culture and history as you drive through the region.
- Absorb yourself in the plentiful local art and cultural offerings. Visit the Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery and Lake Boga Catalina Museum.
- Take the car across the Speewa Punt, 9.5km north of Swan Hill. Turn off the Murray Valley Highway, and perch your vehicle on a punt and float across the river!
- Wander through the CBD and browse through some of the unique local stores offering treasures and gifts to remember your visit.
- Visit during the Swan Hill Region Food and Wine Festival in March each year and take a regional food and wine journey to remember.
Swan Hill Region Information Centre
Phone: (03) 5032 3033
Freecall (in Australia): 1800 625 373