The Fire Danger Period has commenced and fire restrictions now in force.
Permits to burn during this time will NOT be issued by Council.
For more information visit the CFA website.
Municipal Fire Management Plan
The Municipal Fire Management Plan identifies possible fire threats in our municipality, ways to protect life and reduce property loss.
It also outlines what our community sees as the most important risks in our environment and includes actions plans to tackle these risks, including:
- Creating refuges – especially the family home.
- Isolating known causes of fire.
- Safe roads and used rail reserves.
- The effects of fire on our municipality and community.
- Protection of:
- Small townships
- Essential services
- Important community assets