Do I need a permit to burn at my property?
You will need to apply for a permit to burn if you wish to burn within a Fire Restriction Zone or any part of the municipal district which is zoned commercial, industrial or residential under Council’s Planning Scheme.
You do not need a permit to burn if you are using the following items to cook or for heating: pizza oven barbecue, fire pit, chimenea, fire brazier or other properly constructed appliance while it is being used for cooking food or heating.
Is my property in a Fire Restriction Zone?
Apply for a permit to burn
- Complete an application form above and email it to email@example.com
- As part of your application assessment a Council Officer will contact you to perform an inspection of your property and the area you are applying to burn.
- Once your application has been assessed, you will be advised in writing if a permit will be issued to you.
- Please allow up to 7 business days for processing.
You must not burn without a permit issued to you by Council.
No permit fee is required.
What happens if I get caught burning without a permit?
- Authorised Officers may impose an on the spot fine for burning within the fire zones without a permit.
- Heavy penalties apply for people burning on a Total Fire Ban days or during the Fire Danger Period.
Phone: (03) 5036 2346 (office hours only)