What the Swan Hill region has to offer
Located on the banks of the Murray River, our region offers a relaxed lifestyle, scenic views but with all the features you expect from the city.
Swan Hill is home to three major supermarkets; a diverse range of award winning restaurants and cafes; a wide variety of retail stores; gyms and sporting clubs; and is home to a delicious range of local stonefruit, olives, almonds and wine.
Our community is proud, welcoming, and with more than 40 nationalities represented, offers a diverse and culture-rich experience.
What is Swan Hill Rural City Council?
Swan Hill Rural City Council is one of 79 local governments across Victoria, and employs about 300 staff in Swan Hill, Robinvale, Lake Boga, Nyah West and Manangatang.
The organisation is responsible for services including:
- waste management
- roads, footpaths and recreational facilities
- youth and children’s services
- aged care and disability support
- arts and culture
- economic and community development
- enforcing statutory and environmental regulations
In addition, Council provides facilities like:
- Swan Hill Region Information Centre
- Swan Hill Regional Library and mobile library
- Maternal Child and Health Centres
- Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery
- The Pioneer Settlement
- Swan Hill Town Hall and Robinvale Community Centre
- Swan Hill Regional Livestock Exchange
What Swan Hill Rural City Council offers to employees
- Paid parental and adoption leave
- Four weeks annual leave
- 12 days sick leave
- Annual leave loading paid at 17.5 per cent
- Long service leave after seven years
- Flexible work arrangements like work from home, and flexibility in hours and days of work
- Additional compassionate and carer’s leave
- 48/52 model of employment
- Salary packaging options including superannuation salary sacrifice
Council is also committed to career development and offers regular internal training programs, mentoring and leadership programs, and subsidised higher education and study leave.
Staff also enjoy an active social club, staff events, and corporate wellness programs like subsidised gym memberships, and free medical and skin cancer checks.
How can we improve this page?
Your feedback will help us improve the information on this page.
Please include your email address if you would like a reply.