Council is committed to maintain the space between the vegetation and powerlines (clearance space) under its responsibility and fulfil its duties as set out in the Electricity Safety (Electric Line Clearance) Regulations 2020:
- Compliance with the Electricity Safety (Electric Line Clearance) Regulations 2020 and Code of Practice;
- Electrical safety;
- Minimise fire starts as a result of contact between vegetation and electricity network;
- Continuity of electricity supply to Council Residents;
- Public safety;
- Provision of a safe workplace for employees and service providers;
- Vegetation management systems to maximise environment and amenity value of the Council’s trees;
- Protection of areas of important vegetation which may be deemed as such, based on those areas containing botanically, historically or culturally important vegetation or vegetation of outstanding aesthetic or ecological significance, and/or the habitat or rare or endangered species; and
- Community satisfaction with the manner the works required are carried out.
How can we improve this page?
Your feedback will help us improve the information on this page.
Please include your email address if you would like a reply.