Monday, 26 February 2024
Breaking News

Skilled Migration

Swan Hill Rural City Council is the Regional Certifying Body (RCB) for the North West region (Swan Hill and Mildura). Areas of New South Wales in close proximity can use the RCB if prior arrangements have been made.

As a RCB, Swan Hill Rural City Council provides advice to the Department of Home Affairs (Home Affairs) on the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494) (SESR visa) in the Employer Sponsored (ES) stream.

The RCB’s role is to provide advice to the Department of Home Affairs on the SESR – ES applications, using local area knowledge to advise whether the nominee for the position will be paid at least the Annual Market Salary Rate (AMSR) for the occupation.

ES stream nominations must be accompanied by advice from an RCB; however, this advice can be provided before or after lodgement of the ES stream nomination application with Home Affairs.

RCBs must provide their assessment advice to Home Affairs within 28 days of receipt of the request. RCB advice is valid for 3 months from the date of issue.

The Office of Migration Agent Registration Authority can provide a list of accredited migration agents to assist with your visa options.

Application for RCB assessment

To submit the application for RCB assessment

  1. Complete the following forms
  2. Submit the above forms via
    • Email:
    • Post: Regional Certifying Body, PO Box 488, Swan Hill VIC 3585.

Fees and charges

2023/24 Fee
Fee per nominee $647 (Inc. GST)

Please note: Processing fees are non-refundable despite the outcome of the nomination.

Cancellation Policy

Any cancellations are to be made in writing within 24 hours from initial RCB advice request.

Swan Hill Rural City Council does not provide immigration advice.
For immigration advice contact:
Department of Home affairs
OR call 131 881
For more information please contact
Regional Certifying Body
Phone: (03) 5032 0322

Did you find this information useful?

How can we improve this page?

Your feedback will help us improve the information on this page.

Please include your email address if you would like a reply.