Busking in the Swan Hill municipality adds to the vibrant atmosphere of our shopping precincts. Council regulates busking in these areas to protect the safety of pedestrians and to ensure the activity does not interfere with a person’s reasonable use and enjoyment of a municipal place.

Busking permit conditions

  • No amplified music
  • You must not perform on the walkway zone (must be at least two metres from the shop front window)
  • Music noise must not be audible 20 metres from the source
  • Busking will only be allowed to take place between the hours of 9:00 am and 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday and 9:00 am to 12 noon on Saturdays
  • The permit is only valid for the time frame stated on the Council issued certificate
  • You may only play for a maximum of 30 minutes at any one time and then a minimum ten minute break must be taken
  • You must not interfere with any other authorised busking acts that may be performing at the same time as you
  • You must not solicit money or interfere with any members of the public
  • You must obey any direction given to you by a member of Victoria Police or a Council Authorised Officer


Complete the application below including written approval from the business proprietors situated adjacent to the location you intend to perform.

For more information on Busking Permits contact
Local Laws
Phone: (03) 5036 2346 (office hours only)