Busking in the Swan Hill municipality adds to the vibrant atmosphere of our shopping precincts.
Council regulates busking in these areas to protect the safety of pedestrians and to ensure the activity does not interfere with a person’s reasonable use and enjoyment of a municipal place.
A busker is defined as a person who entertains by playing music, dancing, singing or reciting on the street or in a public place.
Do I require a permit to busk?
You will require a permit if you want to busk in a public place.
You can apply for a permit by completing an application form and returning it to Council with all relevant documents and accompanying fee.
What do I need to provide with the permit application?
- A completed application form
- Written approval from the business proprietors situated adjacent to the location you intend to perform
- Insurance certificate showing dates of coverage and $20 million in public liability or you can purchase Council’s Causal Hirers Insurance
- Evidence that applicable fees have been paid
Please note: allow up to 5 business days for processing. Failure to supply all relevant documentation will result in a delay in processing.
|Daily performance fee
|$5.50 per day
|Council’s Causal Hirers Insurance. Conditions apply.
*not required if you hold your own Public Liability insurance of $20 million
When can I busk?
You can busk on:
- Monday to Friday between the hours of 9.00am and 5.30pm
- Saturdays between the hours of 9.00am to 12 noon.
Busking is not permitted on Sundays.
Busking permit conditions
- No amplified music
- You must not perform on the walkway zone (must be at least two metres from the shop front window)
- Music noise must not be audible 20 metres from the source
- Busking will only be allowed to take place between the hours of 9.00am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday and 9.00am to 12noon on Saturdays
- The permit is only valid for the time frame stated on the Council issued certificate
- You may only play for a maximum of 30 minutes at any one time and then a minimum ten minute break must be taken
- You must not interfere with any other authorised busking acts that may be performing at the same time as you
- You must not solicit money or interfere with any members of the public
- You must obey any direction given to you by a member of Victoria Police or a Council Authorised Officer
Phone: (03) 5036 2346 (office hours only)
How can we improve this page?
Your feedback will help us improve the information on this page.
Please include your email address if you would like a reply.