Do I require a permit?
You will require an itinerant trading permit if you wish to sell, provide goods or services or fundraise on Council land or footpath.
You can apply for a permit by completing an application form and returning to Council with all relevant documents and accompanying fee.
What do I need to provide as part of the application?
- A completed application form
- Insurance certificate showing dates of coverage and $20 million in public liability
- Written approval from the business or proprietor you are intending on trading in front of
- Applicable fees paid for or alternatively an invoice can be issued
If you are you selling food
Please note: allow up to 5 business days for processing. Failure to supply all relevant documentation will result in a delay in processing.
Fees are renewed annually.
|2 to 12 days per year||$60*|
|12 to 24 days per year||$170*|
* Charity or non-for-profit organisations are eligible for a 50% discount.
Conditions placed on approved permits
The following are examples of conditions which may be placed on a permit, please be aware this is not a complete list and is dependent upon the type of application:
- The permit is issued on the condition that the permit holder maintains a policy of public liability insurance to the value of at least $20 million for the entire term of the permit.
- The trading activity must not pose a hazard or inconvenience to motorists or passers-by.
- A walkway zone of at least 1.80 metres must remain clear at all times.
- At the end of trading each day all rubbish is to be removed and the area is to be left in a clean and tidy condition. Council’s public place bins are not for commercial waste i.e. waste generated from the manufacturing of your products or leftover food waste.
- The sale of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- The permit holder must remove themselves from an area if requested to do so by an Authorised Officer.
- Council reserves the right to alter or vary the permit at any time. Council will notify the permit holder 7 days before the permit is changed or varied.
Public Health Services
Phone: (03) 5036 2591
How can we improve this page?
Your feedback will help us improve the information on this page.