When you are starting or expanding your business you will most likely need at least one permit from Council. We are here to help you as your business is important to our municipality.
We cover the following permits:
- Planning permit
- Food premises registration
- Accommodation registration
- Hair, beauty, tattooists and piercing registration
- Building permit
- Footpath trading permit
- Roadside or vehicle trading permit
Steps in the process
1. Speak to us
Fully understanding the impact of regulations on your site is important before you take steps to sign a lease or buy. Making the right choice may save you thousands.
To find out more about the permits you may need and how we can help, you can:
- Call us on 03 5036 2333
- Click here to give us your details and we will make a time to talk to you
2. Get your documents ready
These are some of the documents that you may need to progress your permit applications:
- Proposed location
- Floor plan with proposed & existing
- Site plan with proposed & existing development
- Copy of title less than 3 months old
- Public Liability Insurance
3. Meet with the team
After you have spoken to us and have your documents ready, we will organise a free pre-application meeting with our Permit Support Team to help you to understand the requirements and steps that we will take in assessing your application.