Our out of school programs offer high-quality child care for primary school-aged children in a safe, fun environment. They focus on positive learning results which meet the needs and interests of children and their families.
All programs are Child care subsidy approved, which reduces the fees according to families’ income.
Caring for your children
All care educators have a recognised qualification including: Certificate III in Children Services, Diploma in Community Services Children Services, Bachelor of Education Early childhood or Bachelor of Education. In line with the regulation, university students working casual must be studying in a recognised field such as Early Childhood or a Bachelor of Education.
Swan Hill Out of School Hours Services operate in accordance with:
- The National Early Learning Years Framework (0-5 years) Belonging, Being and Becoming
- Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (0-8 years)
- Framework for School Age Care, My Time, Our Place
- Education and Care Services National Law 2010
- Educational and Care Services National Regulations
- The National Quality Standard
- Families must enrol their children before they are able to book into any OOSH programs
- A separate enrolment form must be completed for each child, each year.
Programs and bookings
The After School Program runs during school terms from 3.15pm to 6.15pm, from the Swan Hill Primary School, Gray Street, Swan Hill.
A bus service is available for children at:
- Swan Hill North Primary
- St Mary’s Primary School
- Son Centre Christian School
- Swan Hill Specialist School
- Woorinen District Primary School
Nutritious snacks are provided at the program.
With the help of children, menus change each term. Children also have the chance to help in the kitchen, developing many life skills.
Children can attend the program daily or weekly. You can discuss with educators what suits you.
The program also supports children’s interests and needs by encouraging them and their families to be involved in the program’s planning with educators.
Educators are always looking to increase the children’s learning through their interests and teaching opportunities.
Some of the program’s activities include:
- Social play
- Physical activities
The program runs during term holidays from 8am to 6pm each weekday (except public holidays, the last week of December and the first week of January).
Children can attend the program daily or weekly. Half days are in blocks of five hours.
All meals are provided, including any dietary needs.
Activities during the program vary depending on availability of staff, weather and other special activities in the community at the time.
Some of the many activities children can enjoy are:
- Bike riding
- Ten pin bowling
- Dance lessons
- Art lessons
- Workshops from visiting artists
- Excursions to movies, Pioneer Settlement, Steggall Park, Riverside Park and water parks.
- The November issue of the Swan Hill Out of School Hours Program newsletter is out now.
Out of School Hours Care
Phone: (03) 5036 2321
Bookings and cancellations: 0409 236 541