These programs offer high-quality child care for primary school-aged children in a safe, fun environment. They focus on positive learning results which meet the needs and interests of children and their families.
Out of school programs include:
- After school care
- Vacation care
- Pupil Free Days
The service can care for:
- Children of working parents
- Children of parents who are studying
- Children with additional needs or at risk of harm
- Children of parents who need a break
All programs are Child care Benefit approved, which reduces the fees according to families’ income.
Caring for your children
All care educators have a recognised qualification including:
- Certificate III in Children Services
- Diploma in Community Services Children Services
- Bachelor of Education Early childhood
- Bachelor of Education
In line with the regulation, university students working casual must be studying in a recognised field such as Early Childhood or a Bachelor of Education.
Swan Hill Out of School Hours Services operate in accordance with:
- The National Early Learning Years Framework (0-5 years) Belonging, Being and Becoming
- Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (0-8 years)
- Framework for School Age Care, My Time, Our Place
- Education and Care Services National Law 2010
- Educational and Care Services National Regulations
- The National Quality Standard
After school care
The After School Program runs during school terms from 3.15pm to 6.15pm, from the Swan Hill Primary School, Gray Street, Swan Hill.
A bus service is available for children at:
- Swan Hill North Primary
- St Mary’s Primary School
- Son Centre Christian School
- Swan Hill Specialist School
- Woorinen District Primary School
Nutritious snacks are provided at the program (except on Pupil Free Days).
With the help of children, menus change each term. Children also have the chance to help in the kitchen, developing many life skills.
Children can attend the program daily, weekly or casually. You can discuss with educators what suits you.
The program also supports children’s interests and needs by encouraging them and their families to be involved in the program’s planning with educators.
Educators are always looking to increase the children’s learning through their interests and teaching opportunities.
Some of the program’s activities include:
- Social play
- Physical activities
The program runs during term holidays from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays, the last week of December and the first week of January).
Children can attend the program for full or half days, daily or weekly or on a casual basis. Half days are in blocks of five hours.
All meals are provided, including any dietary needs.
Activities during the program vary depending on availability of staff, weather and other special activities in the community at the time.
Some of the many activities children can enjoy are:
- Bike riding
- Ten pin bowling
- Dance lessons
- Art lessons
- Workshops from visiting artists
- Excursions to movies, Pioneer Settlement, Steggall Park, Riverside Park and water parks.
Sorry this program is currently booked out.
Pupil free days
These programs cater for children needing care during Pupil Free Days and curriculum days.
The programs run from different schools, depending on where the pupil free/curriculum day is held.
Notices of child care for Pupil Free Days are sent out from all participating schools with details of the venue and times.
You must provide lunch, morning and afternoon tea for your child on these days.
Bookings are essential. Pupil free days are only run when we have sufficient children booked in to attend.
New families must meet with the co-ordinator before a child is enrolled in the service.
Families must register their children before attending programs.
Forms are available from the Council offices in Swan Hill or from our office in the art room at Swan Hill Primary School in Gray Street.
Out of School Hours Care
Phone: (03) 5036 2321
Bookings and cancellations: 0409 236 541