Municipal Emergency Management Plan
- Updates and advice: https://www.ses.vic.gov.au
- Monitor road closures and conditions: https://traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au
- Emergency information: https://www.emergency.vic.gov.au or via VicEmergency app.
- Real time updates: where available watch local television, follow VICSES on facebook, and listen to local radio:
- ABC Mildura Swan Hill (102.1 FM)
- 3SH (1332 AM)
- MIXX FM (107.7 FM)
For all emergencies
Plan and Prepare
Country Fire Authority (CFA)
Plan and stay safe
State Emergency Service (SES)
Personal information and education
Weather warnings and monitoring
Bureau of Meteorology
Preparation against disease outbreak
Department of Health – Immunisations
Council’s Municipal Emergency Management Plan (MEMP) is used during times of emergency.
Council manages municipal resources and co-ordinates support for our community to deal with the effects of an emergency. This includes responding to and recovering from emergencies, such as:
- Providing emergency relief to people affected by or responding to an emergency.
- Municipal help to agencies responding to and recovering from emergencies.
- Assessing the impact of an emergency.
- Recovery activities within our municipality, with the Department of Human Services.
So we can carry out these emergency management duties, Council has a Municipal Emergency Management Group. During an emergency, the group will meet to decide what level of activity is needed.
This group consists of:
- Municipal Emergency Resource Officer (MERO) (senior Council officer)
- Municipal Recovery Manager (MRM) (senior Council officer)
- Chief Executive Officer (or delegated senior officer/director)
- Municipal Emergency Response Coordinator (MERC) (senior Police officer)
- Control agency representative
- Other agency representatives as required
Neighbourhood Safer Places – Places of Last Resort
Council has designated the following Neighbourhood Safer Places:
- Robinvale – Recreation Reserve, Latje Rd, Robinvale
- Swan Hill – Showgrounds, Corner Stradbroke Avenue and McCallum St, Swan Hill
Neighbourhood Safer Places (NSPs) are a place of last resort when all other plans have failed.
They can provide some protection from direct flame and radiant heat during a fire but may still be subject to ember attack.
NSPs are NOT relief centres – there are limited facilities and no support or services are provided.
NSPs are NOT places to relocate to when leaving early.
After an emergency there are many support services available, including:
- Financial support
- Personal support
- Clean-up arrangements
Assistance with housing and grants
Department of Human Services (DHS)
Help with restoring public land and rescuing wildlife
Department of Environment and Primary Industries (DEPI)
Personal support services in the Swan Hill area
Swan Hill District Health
Personal support services in the Robinvale area
Robinvale District Health Service
Financial counselling assistance
Rural Financial Counselling Service
For Fire Brigade, Police or Ambulance services in an emergency ALWAYS phone 000
State Emergency Service: 132 500
- Swan Hill – 03 5036 1600
- Robinvale – 03 5026 3002
- Lake Boga – 03 5037 2201
- Manangatang -03 5035 1291
- Nyah – 03 5030 2435
Swan Hill Rural City Council
Swan Hill Rural City Council Reception
Phone: (03) 5036 2333
Email: email@example.com After hours emergency: 0419 888 779
How can we improve this page?
Your feedback will help us improve the information on this page.
Please include your email address if you would like a reply.