Through its contractor Cleanaway, Council provides garbage, recycling and green waste collection throughout our municipality.
Domestic garbage and recyclable collection services.
Bin charges, green waste and changing your bin service.
A list of materials that can go into your red, yellow and green bins.
We do not provide garbage or recycling collection services for commercial or industrial sites.
- Bins must be put out and in position for collection – the night before your designated collection day
- Collection of your bins – will be anytime between 6am and 4pm on the designated day of your collection.
- Bins must be placed – 50cm to 1m apart, with the lid closed and the opening facing the road. Bins must be clear of all obstructions (click the the diagram below)
- Lid should be closed – Items placed into the bins must fit into the bin.
- If your bin is – too heavy, contaminated (applies to recycling and greenwaste), overloaded or stacked high with bags of waste it will not be collected.
- Excess waste – must be disposed of separately at the landfill or kept in a separate bin in your yard until your Council bin is empty or ask your neighbour if they have room in their bin for your waste.
- If you have – a small 120lt bin and you find it is too small for your household then call Council and arrange for your bin to be upsized. (A onetime fee of $55 applies and your rates will be adjusted to the new service annual charge of $425 for a 240lt service)
- Bags on the ground will not be collected
- Blue lid bins or bins that do not have the Council logo – are not to be put out for collection as they are not allocated Council residential bins and will NOT be collected.