Through its contractor Cleanaway, Council provides garbage, recycling and green waste collection throughout our municipality.
- Bins must be put out and in position for collection – the night before your designated collection day
- Collection of your bins – will be anytime between 6am and 4pm on the designated day of your collection.
- Bins must be placed – 50cm to 1m apart, with the lid closed and the opening facing the road. Bins must be clear of all obstructions (click the the diagram below)
- Lid should be closed – Items placed into the bins must fit into the bin.
- If your bin is – too heavy, contaminated (applies to recycling and greenwaste), overloaded or stacked high with bags of waste it will not be collected.
- Excess waste – must be disposed of separately at the landfill or kept in a separate bin in your yard until your Council bin is empty or ask your neighbour if they have room in their bin for your waste.
- If you have – a small 120lt bin and you find it is too small for your household then call Council and arrange for your bin to be upsized.
- Bags on the ground will not be collected
- Blue lid bins or bins that do not have the Council logo – are not to be put out for collection as they are not allocated Council residential bins and will NOT be collected.
How can we improve this page?
Your feedback will help us improve the information on this page.
Please include your email address if you would like a reply.