All residential properties within the declared waste collection areas of the Municapality with a habitable residence, must pay the garbage collection service charge. These charges are itemised on residents’ rate notices.
|Charges for the 2020/21 financial year
|Garbage services||240 litre garbage bin + 240 litre recycling bin||$508 per year|
|120 litre garbage bin + 240 litre recycling bin||$335 per year|
|Green waste service
(optional – Swan Hill only)
|240 litre green waste bin||$95 per year|
Changing your bin service
To change your bin service, download the Garbage Collection Service Application form.
Bin changes include:
- Request a smaller garbage bin
- Request a larger garbage bin *
- Request a new service
- Cancel a green waste service *
- Stolen bins and bin maintenance
* A fee will apply for upsizing garbage bins or cancelling a green waste service.
Garbage bins are the property of Council. Bin serial numbers are recorded.