Monday, 26 February 2024
Breaking News

More planning documents

Aboriginal Cultural Heritage

Council recognises the Aboriginal cultural heritage values throughout our municipality.

Existing Use Rights

Existing use is when a piece of land is being used in a way that’s not allowed under the zoning in that area.


The Swan Hill Planning Scheme controls how land is used and developed.


A Heritage Overlay protects the history of our municipality, including the heritage of significant local sites.

Bushfire Protection

The bushfire planning provisions and bushfire building regulations make sure new developments are more resilient to bushfire.

Planning Proceedings at VCAT

If you are unhappy with a Council planning decision you can appeal it to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).


Streamlined planning through Electronic Applications and Referrals (SPEAR) is an online system for planning permits and subdivision applications.

What is a Planning Certificate?

A planning certificate has information about how the Swan Hill Planning Scheme affects a property.

Zoning and Overlays

Every property in our municipality is zoned for specific purposes and land zones are standard across Victoria.

Need help?

Submit a Building or Planning enquiryBook a meeting with Planning

Did you find this information useful?

How can we improve this page?

Your feedback will help us improve the information on this page.

Please include your email address if you would like a reply.