This new strategy provide a framework for the assessment of assistance and/or financial incentives applicable to either new business investment or the significant expansion of existing business in the Rural City of Swan Hill.
To be considered for assistance, an applicant must demonstrate that the development will provide significant net economic benefits through employment creation or retention.
Retrospective assistance for developments that have already commenced is not available.
The range of assistance that may be provided includes:
- A key point of contact to help facilitate:
- Statutory Planning including rezoning and subdivision
- Council infrastructure requirements
- Public Health
- Natural Resources Management
- Compliance/ Local Laws
- Waste and Wastewater Management
- Meetings with Councillors and Council employees
- Meetings with State and Federal MPs
- Meetings with key State and Federal Government Departments
- Contacts with key utility providers
- Contacts with Property and Employment Agencies
- Contacts with Business Networks
- Provision of relevant documentation and reports including regional and site-specific maps, plans and strategies
- Assistance with funding applications excluding Council-provided grants.
- Businesses may be eligible for an investment incentive equivalent to a maximum of 75% of any additional rates received by Council directly as the result of the development for a period of up to five years. The level of financial assistance is dependent on set criteria.
- To find out more, please contact the Economic Development Unit on (03) 5032 3033 or email email@example.com