Immunisation is one of the safest and most effective ways to protect against disease. It also helps to reduce the spread of infectious diseases in our community.

You can get most vaccines for free through the National Immunisation Program Schedule. This schedule tells you when you need to get vaccinated at different times in your life.

No Jab, No Play

'No Jab, No Play' is the name of legislation that requires all children to be fully vaccinated (unless they have a medical exemption) to be enrolled in childcare or kindergarten in Victoria.

To have an enrolment confirmed for a child in long day care, kindergarten, family day care or occasional care, parents/carers must provide the service with:

  • a current Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR); AND
  • the statement must show that the child is up to date with all vaccinations that are due for their age, or that they are able to receive. 

You can print a copy of your child’s Immunisation History Statement from your myGov account. If you have difficulty getting a copy via your myGov account you can:

  • call the AIR on phone 1800 653 809
  • visit a Medicare or Centrelink office.

Families who do not hold a Medicare card must call the AIR to request an Immunisation History Statement. 

Find out more at the Victorian Government Health website.