Steps to help prepare your planning application for Council.
Step 1: Pre-application meeting
It is recommended that you request a pre-application meeting as a part of the application process. Council officers can provide specific advice on whether the proposal is generally consistent with the Swan Hill Planning Scheme and will also aim to assist you in becoming fully aware of the expected standard and extent of documentation required to be provided with your application to reduce or avoid the need for Council to request further information.Request a pre-application meeting
Step 2: Review the checklists
To ensure you have the relevant documentation ready to submit your application please refer to the planning permit checklist below and any additional checklists appropriate to your application.
Planning permit checklist
- Advertising signage checklist (pdf 103kb)
- Bushfire management overlay checklist (pdf 144kb)
- Commercial/Retail checklist (pdf 49kb)
- Change of use application checklist (pdf 45kb)
- Heritage application checklist (pdf 109kb)
- Industrial checklist (pdf 145kb)
- Medium Density Checklist (pdf 225kb)
- Native vegetation checklist (pdf 105kb)
- Subdivision application checklist (pdf 170kb)
- Waiver of car parking checklist (pdf 146kb)
Step 3: Submit your application
Submissions are now being accepted electronically through the MyCouncil portal. You will need to register as a user, which will then allow you to lodge your application, view its status and receive correspondence.
Step 4: Fees
Once you submit your online application a member of the planning department will be in contact to arrange payment of the application fee.
Need help?Submit a Building or Planning enquiryBook a meeting with Planning Request planning documents
How can we improve this page?
Your feedback will help us improve the information on this page.